Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thanks GP Athletes!!!

Had a great weekend at home with AD and Harley, Friday was just a light spin in the basement. Amber had a very tough week of training as well as training her clients so she sat it out but I was eager to do something because I was travelling all week and didn't get a chance to train much. I did something to my neck and I've been trying to get over a pinched nerve for almost a week now.

Saturday we skipped the group run and did a run on our own a little later in the day. It was really nice out (-1) so it felt like I could run forever and Harley was having a ball being outside for a 90 minute run. He did his usual little freak-out whenever we came across other dogs but if I keep running he's usually very, very good. I'd like to take him to the dog park a little more on the weekend but the weekend usually goes very quickly and it's hard to do much of anything other than what we have planned.

Sunday we had the GP group come over to our place for our weekly group spin and it was tough but nice to suffer with other people. There are some very good athletes in this town and I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone's racing season is going to play out, including mine and Amber's. Amber told me she has no expectations for this upcoming season and I think that is a good way to approach an upcoming race. I am going to go into every race giving my best effort but whatever the results are, I'll be satisfied. I've been training very hard and I'm going to keep it up throughout the year so everything else is out of my control. Thanks to everyone we train with for keeping me motivated to push myself beyond what I thought I could achieve and a special thanks to my favorite training partner (and toughest), my wife Amber.

4 comments:

Amber Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Dawn said...

I love you my wonderful, cheesy Husband Extrordinaire :-)

Nadeen Halls said...

Hey D - That's funny about getting Harley ready for a run ... but has Harley tried to PEE on the VET :$ Yah, that's right. THE VET ... last week I had to take him to see Tyson (our vet) for an updated shot and Maximus peed on him. So embarrassing!

Unknown said...

By "freak out" do you mean that Harley goes crazy? Because Maximus just flat out stops and puts every bit of his 100lbs into not moving at all - it is hard when you running and then all of a sudden you have a 100lbs anchor... no wonder my shoulder is out of commission...

Glad to hear the weather isn't that bad there...gish, it almost sounds better than ours...but at least our snow is "finally" melting!!!!