Friday, January 16, 2009

Getting Up Early Is Really Tough!

Its been an interesting week for me, I finally finished my big project at work yesterday, something I should have been working on months ago but it's finished now so I'll never have to think about it again!! Yeah. I had to transition over 600 investment accounts over to my rep code one at a time. I literally spent hours going through file after file in a never ending tedious process. Sometimes I think the compliance part of this job is WAY overblown but it's done now so I'll never have to worry about it again.

In the midst of all that I managed to get in some pretty good training. This was the first week I was at home while Amber ran her 6am bootcamp in our basement on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I tried to use it as motivation to get up early and go to the pool. It worked well on Tuesday and Wednesday but by Thursday I had zero fuel left in the tank. I could not drag my body out of bed no matter what, someone tied a piano to my butt. It didn't help that I also completed 30kms of running and 93km of biking so far this week. I plan to do another 40km ride tonight and a 17km run on Saturday with the Harley dog so I bailed on my swim today too.

Harley seems to be getting braver when we're running together (which isn't a good thing) he is cutting me off and taking my legs out from under me. He's going psycho everytime we run by other dogs and the other dog owners are looking at me like, "what the hell is up with your crazy dog?" Amber and I need to socialize him a bit more so we have plans to take him to the dog park this Saturday and let him play nicely with friends. Hopefully that will help. We both love him so much that we want to do what's best for him but sometimes the additional energy to take him out to the dog park just doesn't exist (for him or us).

Our little spin class seems to be getting bigger. This week we should have 8 people including Amber and myself which is pretty close to capacity in our basement. It's a lot of fun riding with other athletes and it gives you the motivation to push yourself harder. I look forward to Sundays with everyone even though we're usually pushing too hard to talk. I can't wait to see how strong everyone is going to be come spring, especially AD she's been doing a lot of good training.

Post Dog Park; Harley had a great time but was a little too rough. Amber and I have decided he needs to get his butt kicked a little bit to calm him down and we need to learn to let go a little.


and he really needed to rest after having so much fun with other dogs.

1 comment:

Nadeen Halls said...

I hear ya on the 'running with dog' situation. Though Maximus doesn't take me out. He just stops 100 times a run. I was telling Junior the other day (through tears) that I'm tired of when the little shit dogs start the growling and barking and fighting and then people are like 'control your rottie'. It makes me so grumpy. I hate little shit dogs! Big dogs always get the raw end of the deal.