Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Being at Home with Family

I haven't been doing much travelling with my job lately and it's been sooo nice to be able to spend a little more time with Amber and Harley. I've tried to make the last week and first week of the month my "travel weeks" and then I'm able to be home during the middle weeks every month. It's been very nice and allows me a chance to recharge from being on the road.

I'm also able to get in some pretty good training, I did two swims last week and that's a major accomplishment for me. I'd like to get in the pool at least three times a week but if I can't get in there on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday it's probably not going to happen. I made it this morning and it's great to see the tri gang at the pool bright an early but it's usually really, really busy. Trying to get a lane becomes a serious challenge.

Sunday was a tough, tough "have mercy" workout with our little group and I managed to make out much better than I thought I would. My legs were really tired from running and working on our basement but I suffered through it and lost about two liters of sweat in the process. Had a great time hammering away with five other people, it always keeps me going.

No comments: