Thursday, October 4, 2007

Just what I needed

Yesterday I was feeling REALLY sore from the total body weight workout I did on Sunday. Yes I worked-out on Sunday and I was still sore on Wednesday, a sign of getting older I guess. I wasn't sure if I should just take a day off and rest, or try to do something to stretch and recover. I decided for the latter and went to Mount Royal for a light swim work-out. The first km was tough but after a while my body became used to the motion again. I was feeling really comfortable, I decided not to push it, also the band on my paddle broke, so I just kept it to a nice easy pace for the full 50 minutes. After 2.5km I felt really good and the D.O.M.S. had reduced dramatically.


I've been going through bike withdrawals lately, ever since I sent my bike off to be painted, the weather has been really good and I been wanting to get out there. It's probably a good thing I'm not on it, it'll give my body a chance to fully recover and I'll come back feeling ready to ride. However after three weeks I couldn't take it anymore so I called up a friend of mine and asked if I could borrow his road bike for a couple weeks. Thanks Clinton! Besides bike classes at TCR start in two weeks and I don't think I'm going to have the Griffen back by then. Tony called me and said that they are heat treating it this week and painting it next week, it would be like a brand new frame when they're done. I can't wait to see it, I received the new FSR chain ring and seat yesterday and now I'm just waiting for the areobars and frame. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm already jealous....the new machine will look sweet!