Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another Weekend in Paradise


Yes it was another fantastic weekend with Amber and Harley in beautiful Jasper. I spent a couple days in Whitecourt doing some work and made my way to Edson on Wednesday afternoon. When I arrived I was a little disappointed that the Financial Advisor there told me she had no appointments for us but I was also a little happy, that means I can go to Jasper today! Okay sorry I can't help this month but I'm just going to go straight through to Jasper, bye.


I called Amber that night and I could tell she really, really wanted to be here too. I felt bad she wasn't here with me but I was in the most beautiful place on earth so how could I be in a bad mood. When I left Edson it was blowing snow and colder than I could imagine for the end of March but Jasper was sunny, warm and beautiful! It stayed that way for the next four days. Amber surprised me and rescheduled her class so she could come down Thursday afternoon and we spent the next few days trail running, swimming and biking. I had a rough early season ride up to Maligne Lake yesterday (ran out of food and water) but made it home drifting into town on fumes. We decided to take it easy today so we just took Harley out for a 90 minute hike, packed up and came home.


It's hard to describe the sense of joy and peace I feel in the mountains but it truely is the place where I feel at one with the earth. Being there in nature makes you appreciate how tiny your life is and you can really see what a beautiful world we live in. Everywhere you turn in Jasper you are surrounded by incredible vistas and landscapes that take your breath away. I'm happy that Amber and I have been given the opportunity to be there as often as we have been, one of the great perks of my job up in the great white north. With all the travelling I do for my job I'm definitely happy that Jasper is one of my branches that I visit once a month.

1 comment:

gnicholson said...

Gotta love Jasper.

If you ever want to do a point to point, one day, Skyline Trail run... let me know!