Thursday, February 4, 2010

Slowly Feeling Normal Again

I've started to climb out of this haze of being sick and I'm starting to bounce back to normal. I haven't done very much training in the last couple weeks, a couple runs and easy indoor rides but I've had to devote a lot of my time to work. Yesterday I worked 14hrs and it felt like the longest day of my life. I hate it when my job infringes on my personal time, I need to have a few hours every night that I can train and spend some time with Amber. Otherwise I just feel like all I do is work and that's not much of a life. I do enjoy my job but not to the point where I want to be there 14-16hrs everyday. I need my personal time to recharge and feel ready for the next day.

I'll spend the next couple weeks doing some easy training and helping Amber any way I can to get ready for her 50km Ultra on Feb 15th. It'll be nice to see some friends and family in Calgary and just hang out with AD doing some of the things we enjoyed there. I'm also looking forward to seeing Amber race again, I haven't seen her devote this much time to training since Boston 2008. She's running very strong and remaining injury free day after day so I think she's definitely found the secret to what works well for her.

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

Thanks babe, but I did train for IM KY in 08 also ;)

Naomi Rae Nicholson said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend! And you are 100% correct: personal time and doing what you love is very important. It is frustrating when you can't get to it.

We are very excited for Amber, and look forward to hearing all about her race!!!

Big Smiles to the Hunter Family!!
:)