Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blah.......


I'm down and out. I took it easy last week with only a couple swims but a hard 2hr bike on Saturday and a long run on Sunday with Amber and H-dog was enough to make me sick. I hate feeling like this but this weekend was tough and I'm not too surprised. I did 'Have Mercy' with the group on Saturday and it is one of the toughest bike workouts Coach Troy has- 2hrs of leg busting sets, non-stop. Ross and Sonya were really feeling it, they also competed a 2hr swim workout right before.

I thought I was going to be okay just supporting Amber on her 40k long run, Harley and I did 25k and it was a lot of in-the-car, out-of-the-car and I think the cold was just too much. Monday night was one of the worst sleeps I've ever had and I needed to get up that morning and drive 2-1/2 hours to Whitecourt for work, that was rough. I did my two appointments and headed straight to the hotel to sleep. I'm not feeling that great today but I'll finish up the day at work and go right back bed at the hotel in Edson. I'm hopeful that I'll bounce back quickly and be okay for our weekend in Jasper, I would be incredibly depressed if I couldn't do some trail runs out there. That's really the highlight of all the travelling I have to do. We'll see tomorrow night how I'm feeling I'm not leaving Jasper without getting in at least a couple short runs, even if it means dragging my aching body over one of those mountains it's just too beautiful not to get outside.

1 comment:

Amber Dawn said...

rest up babe, you'll bounce back and we'll get some good runs in. if not we'll hang out with movies and wine :)