Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back Home Already?

I was supposed to be on the road this week but given the unbelievable weather we've been having I decided to cancel the High Level trip for March. I could not imagine that the worst conditions for driving all winter long would occur in late March. Now is the time I was hoping to be riding outside and instead there is 70km/h winds and snow drifts across the highway. Oh well, spring will come soon enough and I'm happy to be able to spend the next few days at home before leaving on my southern loop next Tuesday.

Training was good last week, got in a couple swims and was consistent with the biking and running. I still haven't sold my Zipp wheelset but I did get in my new HED 3's this week. They are HOT!!! I can't wait to try them out on the open road. I've been killing myself in the basement all winter on the trainer and I hope it's paid off. If I show up to a race with these wheels and bike like a jackass, it won't look good. I definitely feel like Coach Troy has made me faster, we'll see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those wheels are friggin' sweeeeet!!! They are going to look amazing! Post pics of them on the Griffen will you? I don't ever think you have to worry about looking like a "jackass" .... unless you mean some super fast jackass!!! ;-)

Which Zipps are you selling?

Darin Hunter said...

Selling the 909 zipp wheelset, check it out if you know anyone who wants them let me know.

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/439736/