Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back In The Groove

Well it's the first weekend back from Hawaii and I must have been motivated by seeing all the pros tear it up in the World Championships because I felt like I was making progress again. Two swims Wednesday and Friday 3kms each and an hour spin on Wednesday and Thursday. Yesterday was the first weekend of our Grande Prairie winter bike training. AD and I had one joiner, Duncan, he spun with us for a little bit but after 50 minutes he left and Amber and I killed ourselves with some threshold training thanks to Coach Troy's spinervals. It's been a while since my legs felt like that but I know those sessions are going to pay off big time this year. We came up with our 2009 schedule and the theme next year is "local" and "speed." We're keeping races somewhat closer to home after four big trips this year and spending a year working on speed will help us come back to IM stonger and faster. Also we need to spend some more time on projects around the house, it was a little neglected this year because of all the training and recovery.

Today was a long run, 90 minutes 22kms and it was very, very tough. I could tell I'm not in running shape but a few more workouts like that and I'll either be dead or incredibly fast. I was averaging 155-160BPM and I was a little worried I would blow up after 40 minutes. I was starting to really hurt at about an hour but I managed to struggle home. I had to really push myself for the final 3kms but just kept telling myself, "don't stop, don't stop, just keep moving." A couple more long runs like that and I'll be back on track.

No comments: