Sunday, October 5, 2008

Running for a Great Cause


Today AD had an opportunity to run the CIBC run for the cure to support breast cancer research and help find a cure for this terrible disease. Fortunately neither of our families have been affected by it but when you think of how widespread and horrible cancer is, we were happy to give any support we could. It was a small turnout but I was incredibly surprised and happy to hear our small community had raised $25,000! Way to go Grande Prairie!

It was really nice for both of us, Amber had a lot of her women who train with her running and I had a lot of people that work for CIBC there. We ran together in the cool and wet weather but had a great time enjoying a beautiful run through Muskoseepi Park and it turned out the 5km run was actually 7.7km. It was fine for me, total run from our house and back was 17km.

Tomorrow we leave for Hawaii! Well Edmonton tomorrow and then Hawaii on Tuesday. I'm offically in vacation mode, I'm super excited for our wedding it is going to be the greatest moment of my life. I get an opportunity to marry the woman of my dreams in the most beautiful place on earth. Watching the Ironman World Championships is going to be awesome, but getting married to AD is definitely the most exciting! I love you babe and I'm looking forward to many, many more incredible moments in our lives together.

No comments: