Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One Final Speed Revolution Race- #6!

This past weekend was the final Speed Revolution race- #6; Stop-The-Punishment Rollers I was a little sad to see the series end but also a bit relieved. After 5 punishing 5 mile races I was feeling the draining effort but I was also starting to feel like my running form was coming back. After the last race I was sure I was losing 'it' but I was fighting a flu all week and the hills were absolutely draining. I ended up going slower than the last race where we did 2%-4%-6%-4%-2% change every mile and I was devastated.

This time I did have a stellar run, the race was a 2%-4%-2%-4%-2% change and I took a full 2 minutes off my time from 9 weeks ago. I felt a lot lighter and easier and the 4% didn't bother me nearly as much as it had before. It's nice to have some great athletes take part in the series and now I'm looking forward to organizing a Speed Revolution bike series for the spring and summer. The weather is finally starting to turn around and you can feel spring in the air. I managed to get my new bike out for a couple rides last week and even though I'm not in very good bike shape right now it feels so nice to be outside again.

No comments: