Thursday, May 19, 2011

100 Days...


That's it, only 100 days until IMC. I looked at the little countdown on my blog for an idea of how much time I have until the main 'goal race' of the year and that's it, 100 days. Factor in tapering, travelling, work and other responsibilities and there is only 3 months of good focused training left until my big race. I remember thinking back to Puerto Rico training, when January hit both Amber and I started thinking, damn we'd better start training. That two and a half months went by so quickly. Well we were ready for that and we'll be ready for IMC.

This weekend we're kicking off our spring/ summer training with a great long weekend plan in Jasper;
Friday; Swim 3000m, travel, Bike Athabasca Falls loop (65-67kms)
Saturday; Swim 3200m, Bike Maline Lake climb (100kms)
Sunday; Trail Run 2- 2 1/2 hours Pyramid Lake loop, Bike Edith Cavell mountain (50-60kms)
Monday; Bike Miette Hot Spings (70kms one way), travel home.

No biking in the 4 hour range yet but we'll get there soon enough I'm not worried about that. June is going to have a lot of 4 and 5 hour rides and I need to start focusing on increasing my run distance as well. I'm taking a more gradual approach to training this year and so far it's working. No major injury or illness to speak of and I'm having a great time training. Let's hope the next 100 days go according to plan and I have the race of my life in Penticton!!

No comments: