Friday, January 21, 2011

Run Fat Boy Run


I'm on the road again, left Wednesday to do my monthly Grimshaw- Peace River- High Level trip and it's really flippin' cold here in High Level. Apparently it's 2' in GP and it's -20' here, that's quite a difference. I noticed it as I was driving along just past Manning and all of the sudden it felt like my car was blowing cold air! The temp definitely dropped all of the sudden and I was freezing for the next couple hours. I made it to High Level in good time and I managed to bang off an excellent treadmill run, 4 x 5 minutes at race pace (10 miles/hr) with a total of 8.66 miles in 60 minutes. I had to take a couple days off this week with two tough 2hr bikes but I can feel myself getting stronger on the bike, I just have to take more down time then I'm normally used to (getting older I guess). I suppose it happens to all of us but slowing down is tough for me to take, I don't want to admit my 38 yr old body can't do the same training my 21 yr old body used to do.

The important thing is that I'm still enjoying myself and to that I can definitely say YES. I may be a little slower but I'm thoroughly going to enjoy this year with Amber and Harley. Amber and I have some wonderful trips planned and in less than two months we'll laying on the beach in Puerto Rico, I'll be REALLY sick of winter by that time.

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Sounds like some great training! Good for you! The warm temperatures of Puerto Rico are just around the corner!