Thursday, January 6, 2011

Healthy...


It's good to feel heathly, I was looking at a blog post at this time last year and I was struggling with yet another flu. I've learned a lot over the last year, I've put myself on a pretty extensive vitamin regmine and I've learned that I can't just continually tax my body to the limit and expect it to recover fully. I've started training again and I can already feel myself getting stronger on the bike, yesterday I did a 90 minute ride and for once it didn't feel like I was suffering to finish the last half hour. I'm following a 1/2 IM training plan Amber came up with but I'm going to use it more as a guide and listen to my body to determine how hard and how long I should go. The nice thing about having a plan is that it forces you to plan 3 swims, 3 bikes, and 3 runs each week if I can stick to that then I know I'll get stronger in every discipline. I'm not saying there won't be weeks where I just can't fit the workouts in (or my body tells me to not do it that day) but having a plan gives me some focus in training and allows me to feel like I'm progressing towards a half IM on March 19th. Only 73 days to the first race, I can't wait!

1 comment:

Running with Rhyno said...

Hi Darin!
How are you doing? Hope you have a good year ahead with your racing!
Crystal