Monday, September 22, 2008

Reconnecting With the Bike Trainer

Well the weather has turned a little cooler and gloomy, Saturday was beautiful and I did a little 50km ride outside. However Sunday and today have been cold and rainy and I've been on the trainer trying to put some power back in the old legs. Fortunately I received a bunch of Tour DVDs to keep things interesting, all of the Tours Lance did and a spinervals DVD to try and compensate for not being in bike class this winter.

Yesterday and today was Lance's first win in 1999 and I really enjoyed seeing him completely dominate the competion right after coming back from cancer. He is an incredible athlete and an inspiration to a lot of people out there. Any type of suffering I experience is not even one tenth of the pain and suffering he went through. I'm going to remember that this year and enjoy watching his tours in our basement and some of the epic battles with Jan Ulrich. His comeback this year is going to be incredible as well, good luck Lance you inspire me to push to become a better athlete year after year.

No comments: