Monday, July 15, 2013

Gearing up for Calgary

Another rainy indoor ride
A couple down weeks after IM CdA and I thought everything was just great, my toe had gone back to normal I was over my deep fatigue and started some easy training again. I was out for an easy run with Amber and Ryder and all of the sudden my left calf cramped up worse than I have ever experienced. I tried to stretch it out but something had happened in there and I couldn't work it out, it was only an easy 8k run but it was probably due to some post IM problem. I was very careful not to start back training too soon and I knew it wasn't an injury but just some sort of deep muscle cramp that wouldn't go away. I took a few days off running and went out for an easy long run, or what I thought was going to be a long run, but I had to stop after 5 miles- I could tell I was just doing more damage so I went to Anodyne and had it worked over today. Hurt like hell, my therapist loves the Graston tools and I feel like my calves went through a meat grinder afterwards but immediately I could tell it helped.

I've been spending more time in the water and on the bike other than running but I love training for a 70.3 over IM, especially with a new family. I can be out for a 3 hour ride and have the rest of the day with my favorite people, pre-IM it was a 6 hour ride and I would be too exhausted to do anything with Amber and Ryder. Amber's been getting back in the pool and out on the bike now too, now that I have a bit more time and the weather is nicer. It's so great to see her get out and spend just an hour doing something just for her.
First outdoor Ride!
She's not interested in doing anything over an hour and how can I blame her, she has this face waiting for her at home;
Beautiful Boy

No comments: