Friday, January 6, 2012

Let The Suffering Begin!


It's now 2012 and I feel like training for the season has begun. It's great to get back into a structured routine again and I've started a 5 mile indoor race series on treadmills for some local triathletes under the "Speed Revolution" name. I know none of us will be in spectacular shape now but the idea is to improve throughout the winter and be fast and ready to rock when the spring running races start. I have 10 people confirmed + myself and Amber so that's a really good start for the first race especially considering we only have 4 treadmills at Amber's gym. These 5 mile all out efforts hurt like hell but they definitely make you a faster runner. I'm excited to start suffering again and getting back into racing form again.

It was necessary to let my body fully rest and recover after Hawaii but now I'm happy that I can start training and go into 2012 feeling faster. I'm treating 2012 as a transition year, concentrating on 1/2's and shorter races with the intention of doing IM Coeur D'Alene in 2013 and hopefully Hawaii again if I qualify. It's hard to believe I'll be in the 40-44 age group in 2013 but I guess time doesn't stop for anyone and eventually you will move up into the next age group...

No comments: