Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Tour


No not the Tour de France, although I have been watching a lot of the coverage especially now that they are in the mountains, but I'm talking about something even bigger- Tour BC. Okay it may not be as big as the Tour de France but to Amber and I it's more exciting. It's a week of riding through the mountains in BC where you think of nothing but riding, a little swimming, a little running and relaxing. This year's tour starts in Kamloops which is awesome for us because it's only 900kms away, normally it's at least a 12-14hr drive to the start but this year it's only 8-9hrs. The longest day is the first day at 132kms from Kamloops to Salmon Arm and the shortest day is day four from Fauquier to Nakusp 58kms. I'm going to try to alternate between 180km rides and 120km rides every day so that should give me over 1000kms for the week. I'm not sure if there will be much energy left over for swimming or running but I'll try and get in a couple runs afterwards, short but IM pace and a couple open water swims.

This is the week I really start to feel like I'm prepared for IMC and I hope everything goes according to plan. Amber and I missed it last year and I didn't feel like I had the summer holiday I always look forward to. Not most people's idea of a great vacation but a lot of riding, camping and enjoying the sun, that's my idea of a great holiday.

No comments: