Monday, August 17, 2009

Catching Up

One of the difficulties of training for an Ironman is that everything else in your life seems to take a back seat. Little things around the house have been piling up on me and this weekend I slowed things down with my training and focused on some of the things I've been neglecting.

Friday I came back from High Level and went out for a little 40km bike just to spin the legs. Saturday I woke up early and headed out for a ride and after pushing myself in the cold, rain and wind I called it a day after only 90kms. I had plans to do 180kms but decided I wasn't in the mood to face the wind for another 3 hours and went out for an hour run with Amber and Harley instead. I decided it was a lot more fun being with my family instead of suffering on the bike. Then Amber and I ran errands for a lot of the afternoon and went out for a dinner and a movie at night.

Sunday I had a long run planned and Amber, Harley and I went down to the Nordic Centre and ran some trails. It was great fun, although Harley was pulling Amber so hard that her legs are completely trashed today. The first 5kms we ran together and then Amber followed Harley and I on her mountain bike for another 10kms. It was so much fun being together and I didn't even feel bad that I only ran 15kms that day. Later on we had some friends over for coffee and then a great dinner with family that night. I also managed to change a tap in our bathroom that's been leaking for a while.

So not too much on the training front this weekend but it was very busy and it's about time I started tapering down anyway. I'll try and get in a few swims this week and next and I should be ready to roll.

No comments: